New Year Eve is a very special night for many… Some make a list of resolutions only to forget them, others follow their dreams through. Some start a weight-losing regime diet plan, some look back at the happy and sad moments of the year gone by.
Celebrities are no different from us, trust me!!! They do a lot of fun, romantic, stupid and shocking stuff as well that we will reminisce about today in our review of the year that was…2011!!!
Although these things will be forgotten in 2012 but 2011 will always remain a part of our lives and now with Google it actually is one click away. So without further ado, scroll down to see the things that we will miss a lot about 2011 (some not so much). And ohh!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL THE FAITHFUL GLAMZZLE READERS!!!
1. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries debacle: A romance that spread like whirlwind in 2011, with a larger than life engagement ring and a marriage that will knock your eyes out and a much publicized split right after…Kim Kardashian’s love story will surely be remembered in 2012.
2. Justin Bieber Youngest Breakout singer: This young star was first popular on youtube and then jumped right into stardom. But even those who didn’t like him still know him and will remember this youngest breakout singer on to 2012.
3. Regis Philbin: This lovable grandfather figure ended his greatest time as a morning talk show host. This adorable 80-year-old will always be remembered for his antics on the show.
4. The Royal Wedding: This was the most anticipated, talked about fairytale wedding of the year. The Royal wedding was one of the most popular topics of 2011 and a day like April 29, 2011 will be hard to come by until Prince Harry decides to get married.
5. Beyonce’s Baby Bump: Every eye was on Beyonce’s baby bump in 2011. From her pompous announcement on the stage at MTV VMA Awards to the recent rumor that it has been delivered unannounced, this baby will be remembered.
6. Oprah leaving her beloved show: Although we have no doubt that Oprah still rules our hearts but the fact of Oprah Winfrey Show ending forever that has touched us all. After 25 years, Oprah signed off for the last time on May 25, 2011
7. “Harry Potter” Saga came to an end: Although this day was bound to come but that didn’t soften the blow in the least. Although the “Harry Potter” movies will live on in DVDs forever, we will miss looking forward to their releases.
8. Chris Brown tantrum at GMA: Chris Brown is tired of all the Rihanna abuse questions and so he decided to treat “Good Morning America” like Rihanna and exploded while shattering a window with a chair. And also became a much remembered moment of 2011.
9. Lady GaGa eating paper at a talk show: It is very strange that the world’s most earning pop star Lady GaGa goes on the world’s biggest late-night talk show and eats the host’s notes and we don’t say a thing about it. That will be a much watched video for sure even after 2012.
10. Jim Carrey mock video for Emma Stone: Now this last one is rather embarrassing moment for the celebrity but hilarious for us when Jim Carrey decided to mockingly profess his love for Emma Stone in a self-shot video. Well he could have put his face a bit far from camera but well at least it was close enough to make it at out memorable moments 2011 list.
But every deserves a second chance and so do celebrities along with our readers!!! So here comes 2012 with new opportunities and a fresh start… As Lindsay Lohan rightly quoted after her conviction in 2011:
“I am not to be made an example of anymore. I am working hard and fulfilling my obligations every single day, to the court as well as myself … I’d appreciate it if people will just let me do what is asked of me, so that I can get my life back.”