Almost soon as the exam dates are announced or the known month approaches there is a sudden change of behavior in students. Isnt it? You go from relaxed mode to what I call as “Crazy Restless Mode” where you are worried about so many things.
At this stage, most of you are not worried about how to get your studies done, but you recall where your so and so notes are, oh you just remembered your ABC notes are with some other friend, and OMG how could you forget that you dont have the notes for EFG? Is your Maths notebook missing all of a sudden?
If you experience any of the above, then Congratulations you are one of the 90% Students who shift from Relaxed mode to the Crazy Restless Mode during exam days.
But its not so difficult to stay in relaxed mode even during exam days. And to help you have pleasant exam days in relaxed mode, here are some tips :
1) Atleast 3 months prior to exam, Take out all your notes, lectures, books etc that are a part of your syllabus for the up coming exam.
2) Set all your notes and lectures in a systematic order. In doing so, you will also find out what is missing.
3) Collect / Complete all your missing notes/books.
4) Set your study material in an orderly manner.
5) Take a paper, write down all the chapter names for every subject. This will be your Course Plan
6) Prepare a schedule dividing your course plan for the number of days you have for preparation.
7) Keep updating your Course Plan and the schedule according to the new lessons or lectures that proceed.
With these 7 steps, when your exam preparatory days begin, you will find yourself highly relaxed.
One of the main reason behind this is the fact that while you were setting your Course Plan and Schedule, you were actually revising the Highlights of your studies such as chapter names, titles etc. And Hence the outline of the course was already in your mind, and all you have to do now is fill in the space inside.
With all your Course ready and Schedule set, you are not worried about anything missing, rather you know which title exists in which chapter and chapter lies in which book.
All you have to do now is take a Cup of Coffee and Start Studying
Best Of Luck For your Exams